Bullying

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
sarahdawson

Re: Bullying

Post by sarahdawson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Yesterday I had a bully post about me on the wall. I sent word to 2 ops. None bothered to reply to the private message.

That bully is still on site.

The premise that its as simple as telling an op...doesnt work in actual practice.

There were 2 people that did comment on the wall. I appreciate their attempt to say something. What do you figure it would feel like...if everyone, by their silence...seemed to agree with what happened?

Of note, none of the people that are local to me chose to say anything at all. I cant figure out how to be happy about that.

Out of the entire picture...the bully, the ops that didnt answer private messages, and the silence of the majority...its the latter that is really bothering me at this point.

What is my point? It matters. You as a bystander have the ability to change the picture. Is what is being said just what one person is saying OR is it what the group feels? IF you do NOT disagree with what a bully is saying...it feels like a group statement. Speak UP and disagree with a bully when you see one.

Why am I bothering to keep at this? Because I dont want the next person to have the same thing happen in the same way. We could do better.

s

Often123

Re: Bullying

Post by Often123 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:06 am

We could and should, sarah.