Sunny Side Up

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
brianwilkes

Sunny Side Up

Post by brianwilkes » Mon May 28, 2012 2:34 pm

*This story involves the fictional spanking of a minor child. If you object to such material, you know what to do.

For Becca Nash, sore bottoms were an ever present reality that nobody talked about. On the day after report cards in Mrs. Price’s grade 5 class, Becca always noticed the discomfiture with which many of her classmates settled into their desks at the beginning of the day. Today, however, Becca’s mind was on other things. Her own term report…she hadn’t been able to bring herself to look at it last night, but knew that it was very wanting. Mrs. Nash wasn’t usually a fiend for punishment. The most that her 11 year old daughter could typically expect was a time-out, loss of privileges, or, in some extreme circumstances, a Grounding. Becca was supposed to be going to the movies next week with Cynthia, Rita, and Mimi, and felt certain that she needed to hedge her bets. Had she asked her mother a few days ago for the money to go, she might have received it, but it would have been taken away immediately following the bad report card. Now, though, if Mom meted out another punishment, she wouldn’t punish Becca again. At least, I don’t think so, Becca thought fervently. She didn’t really care about the movie, which she wasn’t too keen on seeing anyway, but there would be boys there. Rita (who was presently nursing a very sore rear end, though Becca assumed she was just slouching as usual) had said casually that she might bring her boyfriend, Will…and will was inseparable from his best friend, Jackson, who Becca had an enormous crush on. I won’t miss it, she thought furiously. I’ll take dish duty for a week…heck, a month, if I have to…no allowance, even. That would mean no movie ticket, but Becca had a plan to work around that. Mimi had wanted one of Becca’s favorite blouses for ages, and her parents were rich, she always had pocket money to spare…Becca would just make the necessary sale, sneak out, and so there.
The last bell rang. Becca stood up, collecting her scribblers. None of her friends seemed to be in a very talkative mood today. Just as well, Becca thought. She was feeling very uneasy. Honestly, she had been expecting…something, last night, but hadn’t been totally sure just what. Mrs. Nash often worked late at the hospital, and, ever since she turned ten last year, Becca had usually been allowed to stay home by herself for a few hours. She had left the report card in its customary place on the dining room table, and, sure enough, it had been signed this morning when Becca stuffed it in her knapsack before heading for the bus. But Mom hadn’t said anything about it at all…no lecture, no punishment, no nothing. In fact, when Mrs. Nash had pecked her daughter on the cheek before heading out this morning, nothing at all had seemed out of the ordinary. Now, it was not without some trepidation that Becca boarded the school bus for home.
Sure enough, upon arriving home and seeing the set expression on her mother’s face, Becca’s heart plummeted. Three weeks at the very least, she thought frantically. I’m going to have to sneak out. Becca hated lying to her mother, but Jackson…she couldn’t pass this up, she wouldn’t. Mom would be working that night, anyway, and what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her. Despite what was plainly her vindictive mood, Mrs. Nash smiled at her daughter.
“Finish off your snack, Bec,” she said, gesturing to Becca’s usual snack of crackers and juice, which she had left for her on the table. “Then, come into the living room, please. You and I need to have a little talk.” Becca munched her crackers and viewed her mother with unease. A little talk? Normally, Mrs. Nash had a fairly short temper. Though she had never hit Becca, she had little patience for laziness and less for lies. She yelled a fair bit. Now, though, she seemed completely calm and composed. For the first time, a worse and far more irrational thought crossed Becca’s mind. Will she send me away, like she sent Daddy away? Parents did that to kids, Becca knew. Last year, a boy in her class had ended up in the reformatory because his parents had told the police about something that he did…don’t be ridiculous, Becca thought furiously. I just have an overactive imagination. The only other time Becca had seen her mother calm like this while proposing a talk was the time that she had told Becca about Daddy, about how he was going away. Becca was supposed to see him again over summer vacation, and…now, an even worse thought occurred to her. What if her punishment would be that she couldn’t see Daddy after all? Mom didn’t like Daddy anymore…it would be no skin off her nose, as the woman was fond of saying.
Suddenly, Becca wasn’t in the mood to finish her snack anymore. She left it where it was, and walked slowly out of the kitchen. Her mom was sitting cross-legged on the sofa, watching a TV show, which she flipped off as her daughter came into the room. Wordlessly, Becca sat down beside her.
“You know why you’re here, Becca,” her mom said right away. “You’ve been having trouble in school lately, to say the least. If this keeps up…”
“You can ground me if you want, Mom,” Becca said, hoping for a slightly more lenient sentence if she ‘volunteered’ for the punishment herself. “I know what I did was bad, and…”
“Did you even look at it, Becca? At that…thing you brought home last night? Did you?” Becca remained silent. “I didn’t think so. The reason I didn’t say anything to you last night because I was too upset. You’re my daughter, and I love you, but talking you then would have been a recipe for disaster…because, if I had seen you last night, do you know what I would have done?” Becca figured that her mom would answer her own question.
“I would have taken you out to the shed, taken off my belt, and whipped that little patootie of yours until it was black and blue. Because that’s what my mother would have done to me if any teacher of mine had ever informed her that I was liable to repeat a grade if my marks didn’t get better.” This remark didn’t unduly astonish Becca. Though she was well aware that many of her friends were spanked, and though her mother made threats on occasion, they were just for show, but…Becca registered what her mother had just said. Repeat a grade!?
“I know I haven’t been doing well lately, Mom,” she said earnestly, “but it’s so…boring, all of it! I hate it!” Much to her consternation, Mrs. Nash laughed.
“And you think I didn’t, Becca, when I was your age? School teaches you something about the real world which you’re never going to realize for yourself until you get there. Specifically, rules don’t have to make sense. You can question them, and, if you work hard enough, you can change them…but if you break them enough times, you’re never going to go anywhere in the world, and we’re going to be having this conversation when you’re thirty and still in the fourth grade. I was considering grounding you until you pass the year. If you made it through in June, you would have been free after that…or, if not, well, then you would have had to go to summer school and not seen those friends of yours until September.” Becca balked. She had been expecting a few weeks…maybe even a whole month…but three?
“But…I’m not grounded, Mom?”
“No, Becca. You’re not grounded. At least, you don’t have to be. I’m going to give you a choice. You’re going to learn sooner or later that life is often all about choosing how we want to moderate our pain…in the short term, over a lesser period of time, or in the long term. You can have a bit of fun now, and spend another year in the fourth grade…or, you can work hard over the next three months, harder than you’ve ever worked before in your life, and manage to scrape through. I spoke with your teacher, Mrs. Price, on the phone earlier today. She thinks you’re a very smart girl, and she thinks you can do it…but she isn’t going to cut you any slack, Becca. That being said, we are going to cut something. Come with me.” Mrs. Nash got up, and headed for the front door. Becca tailed her uneasily. “Put your shoes on, please.” Becca obeyed, even as her fear threatened to overwhelm her. She is going to send me away, she thought morosely. Jackson and the movies couldn’t have been farther from her mind now. I’m going to reform school. That’s what happens to girls who flunk.
The two of them stepped outside, and Becca started to walk towards the car…but, instead of going there, her mother walked over to the big sycamore sycamore tree in their front yard.
“Watch closely, Becca,” her mother said, “because I’m only going to show you how to do this once, and if you don’t do it the right way in future, I’ll know that you’re just being lazy and it will be worse for you.” She took a small knife from her pocket. “My mother showed me how to do this when I was about your age, and her mother showed her. Someday, you’ll probably show your son or daughter the same thing. “ With this, she cut a fair-sized, supple branch from the tree, swished it in the air a few times to determine its suppleness, and nodded in satisfaction. Mrs. Nash proceeded to prune the smaller branches from it, and, when she was done, nodded to Becca. “All right, we’re going back inside.” A moment later, they were seated in the living room again.
“What was that for, Mom?” Becca figured that the question would be answered in due time, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her.
“This is a switch, Becca. It’s used for spanking.” This fact took a moment to sink in. “You have two choices. I can ground you for the next three months, but I don’t really want to. Why? Because I’m a very busy woman, and you can be very sneaky when you want to be. Supervising a grounding for you is a full-time job. But I will do it, Becca, if you choose it, because I’m your mother and I love you. Or, you can get a spanking. It will hurt a very great deal, but when it’s over, it’s over. We will never speak of it again, unless you wish to. You will be free to do whatever you choose; you will continue to earn your pocket money, and go out with your friends when you want, and I won’t even insist on checking your homework, like I do when you’re grounded. But, there’s a catch. If you continue to go as you are now…if you fail the fourth grade, in other words…then you will get another spanking, a far worse one than you will tonight. Let me assure you, Becca, that if you choose your spanking today, you won’t believe that they can be any worse…but they certainly may be. If you fail the fourth grade, then you will be spanked the same way I was when I grew up.” Becca stared at her mother, wide-eyed.
“But…Mom, that’s embarrassing! I don’t want you to see my…”
“Your what? Your bum?” Becca flushed crimson. “I changed you for almost three years, Becca. I stopped bathing you about that same number of years ago. I’ve pretty well seen everything there is to see, you can rest easy on that note. Everybody has one. Would you like some time to think about it?” Becca shook her head vigorously.
“No. I’ll…I’ll do it, Mom,” she said. “I’ll take the…the spanking.” Becca took a deep breath. “I don’t want it, but it’s better than…better than the grounding.”
“That’s a good attitude to have, Becca,” her mother said approvingly. “And I will keep my promises to you, if you keep yours to me…this will just be a little reminder, that’s all.” Becca nodded, opened her mouth to speak…and burst into tears. Mrs. Nash moved closer, and pulled her into her arms.
“It’s okay, sweetie,” she said gently. “It will hurt, but the pain will be over soon, and then…” Becca shook her head fiercely.
“It’s not that,” she said breathlessly. “Spank me all you want, Mom, I deserve it, I know I do…it’s just that…when we went outside a few minutes ago, I thought you were going to send me away. Like you sent Daddy away. And this…this would never happen if he was here, would it?” Mrs. Nash didn’t say anything for a moment.
“Becca,” she said firmly, “I will never send you away, never ever. You’re the most precious little girl in the world…and, whether you pass the fourth grade or not, I will always be your mother and I will always love you. Spanking, like anything else, can be used in the wrong way…unfortunately, it was with your father, when he was young. I wanted to start spanking you years ago…I thought that it would have helped you…but he didn’t like the idea. It was one of many, many differences of opinion that we had…because your father loves you too, Becca May, just as much as I do. But he can’t be here all the time now…and, in the meantime, I need to be a mom the best way I know how. And sometimes, that has to involve a good, hard spanking.” She unfastened her arms gently from around her daughter’s waist. “Becca, you can have a few minutes to calm down, if you want, but I think it’s best if we just get it over with now.”
“Okay,” Becca said shakily. “What do I have to do?”
“Nothing at all, sweetie. I’ll do it all for you. If you’re a good girl…” Mrs. Nash stood Becca up gently, “…during your spanking, then I have a nice cream that will make you feel a lot better after. Bend down, please…nice and easy. You’re doing wonderfully, Becca. It will be all over soon.” Becca felt her mother’s hands move to her hips, nudge her forward coaxingly, and she seemed to trip over Mom’s legs. She found herself facedown across her mother’s lap, staring at the carpet, which was still a bit blurry from her tears. She felt a pair of hands travel to her rump, fingers fastening into the waistband of her sweatpants and panties…and then they were gone, they had to be. She felt a cool breeze on her bottom. and her mother’s other hand rubbing her back before fastening gently around her midsection.
“Good girl…good girl.” Her mother was saying. “You’re doing amazing, Becca.” Though Becca was embarrassed at this exposure, she felt a faint flush of pride at doing what her mother wanted her to do well. “It’s almost time for the hard part. Be brave.” Without further words, Becca’s mother reached for something…the switch? Becca tensed her glutes as hard as she could.
“Calm down, sweetheart, it’s okay…shhh, shhh. “ She felt a sympathetic hand rubbing her bottom gently, and she relaxed under it in spite of herself. Then it left, and…Becca’s head jerked up with a gasp. The first blow had connected squarely with the base of her buttocks, and it was like…it felt like a knife down there, it had to be! Mom was whipping her with the knife, not the switch…but it had to be the latter, because Becca heard a faint swish before the next blow connected square on target. She opened her mouth to try and scream, but her pleas were cut off by the third blow, which landed…it seemed like it was right on top of the second one. Becca yelped as the fourth stroke landed on her lower bottom. Both cheeks were already going up in flames. It had to be over…but the switch landed a fifth time, a sixth, and a seventh. Most of the strikes were aimed at the lower half of Becca’s hemispheres. She wants me to remember this, Becca thought dimly. Her mother’s hand, formerly so soothing and gentle, was unrelenting now. She considered screaming, but somehow knew that this would only make things worse, not better…her legs started to buck as she involuntarily tried to escape the fire…ooooohhhhh! She had long since lost count of the strikes. They were moving in a flurry, seemingly concentrated in the same area…the upper half of her bottom remained totally unscathed, and the tears squeezed themselves out now. The switch landed with a soft kersnick, kersnick sound…and that was the worst of it for Becca. She would have preferred a loud noise, something which in her mind matched the pain….because her mother couldn’t know…she just couldn’t know, despite the fact that she had been spanked herself…just how much this was hurting.
“We’re almost done, Becca,” her mother said firmly. “One last thing. I told you that, if you don’t succeed in passing the fourth grade, you would be spanked again…and, if that happens, then you won’t have to worry about making up excuses not to hang out with your friends, because you won’t be able to sit down long enough all summer to call them. I’m going to give you a small taste of that now, four licks with the strap. In my house, we used to call what you just got ‘zingers.’ They hurt, but they’re nothing compared to this.” Becca was barely listening. Though her hands were not secured, she had known better than to try and touch her bottom while the spanking was going on…she just wanted to rub continuously like there was no tomorrow.
Crack! A folded something met the summits of her bottom , and, this time, Becca couldn’t keep herself from screaming. “MOMMY, NO! OOOHHH…” There was another crack, a bit lower this time, and Becca’s eyes were about to bulge out of her head. For the first time, her hands involuntarily jerked back…and were immediately rebuffed by her mother. Crack! Crack! The next two were over in the space of the moment, and Becca bellowed at the top of her lungs.
Mrs. Nash immediately rubbed some ointment into Becca’s bottom, though her daughter was so agonized that she barely noticed it.
“Since you’re not grounded, Becca,” her mother said solemnly, “we’ll have to take you to the beach soon, get you a tan to match your bottom.” Despite her immense pain, Becca smiled a bit at the joke. As soon as she was allowed to, she grabbed her searing rear end.
“Squeeze it hard,” Mrs. Nash said encouragingly. “That helps. We’re all done now. Until next time, of course.”